Please Identify This "worm"

Larsen611

He is large, I saw him come out about 9 inches, and he was still attached to the rock. He comes out mid day, grabs food, I caught some of his babies. He creeps me out, and I cant grab him, so I took the rock out and tried fresh water soak-nothing, now im drying the sucker out!!!! HELP!!!!!! He's just to large for my tank!!! And im a girl, and hes right next to my bed, and I hate him. This is the best pic I got of the sucker. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! I don't want to kill my new rock, but this guy has got to go, and the seller(shop owner) wont refund or exchange.

post-6316-0-29039800-1377709885_thumb.jpgpost-6316-0-92700500-1377709912_thumb.jpg

That's a bristleworm. Don't grab it with your bare fingers - tweezers or gloves at the minimum. Those little hairs on it's legs will stick in your skin and itch like crazy!

Some people don't like them b/c they're ugly, but the perform a vital roll in a healthy tank - they're great scavengers. If you don't want them flourishing, stop feeding as much food.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...