Ace Auction Countdown

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering if I should pack up the toddler and head over..... Anyone there yet? Any 6 foot tanks?

Largest one so far looks like a 45 gal. Plants, Cory's, peacocks, plecos and decor seem to be the dominant items, so far.

And fate b slapped me again. Went to do a 25 percent wc on a tank. Noticed fx5 crapped out. Great thing petsmart will replace it on the spot! New fx6 for me! I am going to still try and make it out there. Anybody out there on the fence? Just go, I've been to a few. Can't find nicer ppl anywhere. Great experience.

I left with still 1-2 tables left to go. (everything I was interested in was gone already) It's probably still going.

Picked up 4 Synodontus Lucipinnus. ($30)

Tried on some Juli. Transcriptus and Brichardi's, but got beat every time.

I was only really focused on the Synodontus anyway, so I'm ear-to-ear. :)

Edited by JayWho

Things went a lot quicker than normal. I left around noon to meet a friend I haven't seen in a while; for back at 3 and it was all packed up! I think the earliest I've ever seen it end before is around 4!

I grabbed a bag of long-fin swordtails before I left, and that's all I got.

scleromystax kronei paid a lot Corydoras hastatus paid a lot Orczy Woworae 8 for $20

Super cheap plants, paid like $5 for a massive bag of hornwort, easily enough to fill a 5 gallon top to bottom, marble queen sword for $2, portion of naja grass for $4 and a 35-40 gallon tank complete with stand, filter heater, neon gravel for $65

Did have a bidding war with an older gentleman for my cory hastatus and with another over the kronei but still extremely satisfied with my loot

It was a great experience! SO happy we went!

We got some of Jason's water sprite (perfect to finish off the 55), four german blue rams that were crossed with wild caught, 2 HUGE angels (they get along with the one I already had :thumbs: ) and 3 NLS food containers with three different types of food. All for just over $50. Can't go wrong at the ACE auction :D