Feeder Fish For Africans

JayWho

I was curious if anyone breeds feeder fish for their Africans, and what kind(s)?

I've got a 10g with a betta and a dalmation molly. I was thinking of getting a few more female mollies and a male or two, and then potentially having free food for my africans in the form of dalmation molly fry? (specifically my compressiceps, as web info tells me they are fish-eaters)

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Id think about it first. In my experience owning a few comps in the years the ones I fed feeders became more aggressive towards the smaller ones. Not sure if its just instinct or if its in fact linked but I think a good quality diet I.e. NLS supplimenting with frozen foods from time to time you shouldnt need to.

I wondered if increased aggression might become an issue if live foods were introduced. (from my experience, most fish tend to have slightly increased aggression when you start feeding them live stuff, so I should have figured as much) Good to know.

My fish are on a diet of NLS flake, and cichlid pellets. They get frozen brine shrimp, or very small amounts of bloodworms once every week or two.

It's not out of necessity; I just have the extra tank, and the fish to do it potentially. It's just because I could more than anything.

Thanks for the opinions thus far!

Edited by JayWho