New Tank Setup

jeditait

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All cichlids I'm transferring from my current 120 into this. List below, but I want to find more peacocks to stock the tank with

6 Metriaclima zebra (OB Zebra)

4 Metriaclima estherae (Red Zebra)

4 Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow)

3 Metriaclima callainos (Cobalt Blue)

4 Hemichromis Bimaculatus (Red Jewel)

4 Melanochromis Auratus (Malawi Golden)

3 Pseudotropheus demasoni (Blue Demasoni)

1 Yellow Zebra

1 Unknown (looks like a Zebra but hes black with faint light stripes and yellow tipped fins)

2 Aulonocara sp (Red Peacock)

3 Aulonocara nyassae var. (OB Peacock)

2 Yellow Peacocks.

Sure, I would love to :)

Tank is 72" l x 30" w x 24" h. One corner overflow with a 1 1/2" drain and a 1" emergency drain.

Sump is 58" l x 24" w x 18" h, drain flows in a trickle filter. 1st tray is sponge and plastic scrubbers, 2nd tray is all my current matrix bio media, last compartment is hydro balls. Picture attached.

Then the water flows under through more sponge to my chemicals, matrix carbon, phosgaurd and purigen. Filter floss tops that off.

Then water will overflow into a refugium, there's more hydro balls as substrate (which I'm currently trying to figure out how to make it sit on the bottom)...

Then out over under and back to the tank via a 1800GPH mag drive pump, 2 3/4" returns drilled on back of tank.

post-6209-0-08040400-1384628701_thumb.jpg

Ok so the build is done...A few runs to Home Depot to get more PVC pipe, a couple runs to Big Als to get substrate and now I can sit back to enjoy :)

I'll post some pics tomorrow once the tank has cleared up, still a little cloudy from the new substrate.

Did a water change, added Prime, will test again tomorrow see where im sitting. Should I add something like stability to the tank for this first week?

Also i noticed today that I have a OB Zebra holding and i just watched my Auratus mate...Im assuming this is all a very good sign :)

Thanks everyone for your comments and help through this setup.