Ehime Pro 3 Leakeing

laurensdad

so i got up this morning to my pro 3 leakeing where the power cord comes out of the head. any idea i think it might be the o rings on the inlet / out let pipes. i am thinking im starting with new o rings and going from there. the moterhouseing is geting water but why . filter has not been opined scins like aug.

Sorry to here about your leak problem especially on a Sunday worst time.Your leak is probably coming from the o-ring seal on the priming pump it is a common problem.If you put in Eheim Pro 3 leaking into search it will show past posts on here for the same problem,Eheim customer support will send replacement parts to correct the problem.

eheim pro 3 thats always the complaint ..eheim pro 3 is sucks! my eheim pro 3 leaking problem too but not as yours 'i just change new gasket .

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem with my Pro 3. The whole lid would fill up with water and leak out the power cord hose. I emailed Ehiem with my info and serial # and they sent a whole new lid/motor. It was really easy to contact them and they write back right away. Just asked for the # on my canister and said they'd send a new one.

Here is the thread I made when it happened http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=39290&hl=

I called them this morning and they actually did reply yesterday but it was marked as spam by gmail. So non of my 6 were noted as affected. They said no Pro 3e filters were ever affected however they recommended that I send in 2 of my older heads (07 series) in to have the primer device replaced free of charge. I will probably send in the one that has been running for 5 or so years but the other I just starting using a year ago, I had it on the sitting on the shelf after I bought it second hand BNIB.

I called them this morning and they actually did reply yesterday but it was marked as spam by gmail. So non of my 6 were noted as affected. They said no Pro 3e filters were ever affected however they recommended that I send in 2 of my older heads (07 series) in to have the primer device replaced free of charge. I will probably send in the one that has been running for 5 or so years but the other I just starting using a year ago, I had it on the sitting on the shelf after I bought it second hand BNIB.

time to hijack how do you like the pro3E

I like the ability to turn down the flow if needed. I usually oversize my filters so it's nice at feeding time not to have the food get blown all over the place. I have my 2078 Pro 3e on a 40 gallon tank and according to Eheim it's sufficient for up to an 185 gallon.

Edited by Ron