My 230 Gallon Tank

lemonaidjay

Well I got a nice new camera for Christmas so it is time to make use of this journal. This is my pride and joy

. I will watch this tank more then I watch the big screen in this room LOL.

PC290246.jpg

This tank is filtered by three filters . A 60 gallon sump (want to upgrade this to a 90) FX5 and a fluval 405

PC270143.jpg

As you can see there is a big mix in this tank

PC290357.jpg

They are all Cichlids mix of South American and African as well as a very large size difference Biggest fish at this time is 7+ inches and the smallest is 3/4"here are some close ups of the fish in this tank.

PC290487.jpg

PC290432.jpg

PC290411.jpg

PC290406.jpg

PC290405.jpg

PC290400.jpg

PC290399.jpg

PC290388.jpg

PC290384.jpg

PC270192.jpg

PC270190.jpg

PC270189.jpg

Biggest guy

PC260041.jpg

smallest guy

PC290479.jpg

That is all for now but this tank is a work in progress so stay tuned .

The tank looks great! Don't SA chiclids need a lower ph than African? Let me know if you ever breed SA chiclids.

I have green terror's and one salvini available if your interested . As for the PH none of these fish are wild caught and seem very happy with my well water .

Looking for options and opinions on adding more water capacity. I would really like to up the water capacity for a few reasons. One being the tanks stock level . two being the added ability for more/better filtration. So I am thinking bigger sump but that has a problem. My sump is in a crawl space and would be very hard to get a large tank down and in (very narrow stair well and very sharp turns) . My plan was to add another tank inline but I am thinking it will be some trial and error to get pumps to work at the same volume. Would a ball valve work to help control flow? or should I maybe look at making a plywood sump . take all the parts down and build in place .

Is there an opportunity to set up another tank inline that's slightly lower than your current tank? Then you could just have the overflow from your current tank go into the next tank. Then the 2nd tank can just overflow into the main tank. No more pumps or valves, just more plumbing, tanks and fish!!

Is there an opportunity to set up another tank inline that's slightly lower than your current tank? Then you could just have the overflow from your current tank go into the next tank. Then the 2nd tank can just overflow into the main tank. No more pumps or valves, just more plumbing, tanks and fish!!

You might be on to something my first sump is off the ground and has a drilled hole at the top on one end. I could plumb it to drain into the second sump.