Spring Auction

Brought home some thorichthys helleri, honduran red points (they're looking a little rough, worried about them!), some spotted Raphael's, some BN plecos, and a massive piece of driftwood.

You got that massive piece? I missed when that went.

Yeeeah I did, now I have to waterlog the thing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the person that bought the tub of driftwood (or someone that has extra?) want to sell a piece? I tried to bid on a couple, but had to limit my budget to $20.

Was disappointed to not see any Synodontus Lucipinnus or more Julidochromis species this time. Though I did get an aquaclear mini for my 10g molly/guppy tank that has started to produce fry; and an air pump to better run my sponge filters once I have my 80 gallon tank set up.

Wow that was fun....got lots of plants, few albino bristles,4 mini filters, 8 old school heaters, 7 mopani driftwood, shrimp hatchery, 15 gallon tank , 5 gallon tank, few air pumps and more "stuff"

Also got the "evil eye" once home from wifey.

She thinks 4 tanks is enough....

Next one in 6 months I think. Starting the AAAF now.

(Alberta Aquatic Auction Fund)

There was some S. lucipinnis in the auction, they were labeled as petricola.

Wish I had known that. I would have stayed and went for them. I left before any of the petricolas came up.

Edited by JayWho

Kudos to the good people of ACE for putting this on. Had a great time, as per usual!! Must comment on the lack of child labour laws in Edmonton though...

I went, but didn't get anything at all. Came prepared to spend some cash, but my better judgment won. There were only a few items that I wanted, a few I could have taken, But only ended up bidding once,

All my tanks are pretty much full, I have 300+ fish and not much room for more, Could have taken a few plants, but the planted tank is pretty well set.

Still I really enjoyed watching it all take place, what all went up on auction, as well as a better idea of what I may see at the next auction.

Wish I brought a few things from home, didn't know they had a donation area for the club, Next auction I will remember.

Great Job everyone involved.

I was the guy in 5th row with the bandanna.
Edited by DJIsaac

Honestly lots of fish than last year its really fun.Please one thing that I'm not impress some guys trying to bid as high from the start what the heck..!your trying put a higher bid for your own fish please let the front guys do the talkingnot nice...

Ya, I know that clown. He drives me crazy too. But he bids high on the fish he really wants, not our own fish.

• 1 year later...

Anyone who happens to be reading this who bought the large coloured rainbows at the auction please let me know. I have one lonely rainbow who would like to join your group.

Try the current link posted below, this one is spring 2014

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=44013&hl=