jjt1

Dovii Or Managuensis Keepers

jjt1   

Planning to set up a large show tank with either Dovii or Managuensis once my new place is finished. Anyone keep these that can offer up advice/experiences/tips on husbandry of these monsters? My only experience with them was on the end my line in Nicaragua.

Cheers,

Snowape   

Great choice, I currently keep Parachromis Managuensis, be prepared to set up single species tank as they do not play well with others! They can be tank busters, so heavy decorations are a danger, I've found the Jaguars do best with a sand substrate, no plants as they a diggers. All I have in my tanks is sand and a large clay pot. When breeding(and they do easily and often)mine will push all the sand on one end of the tank into a pile clearing right to the glass bottom

Snowape   

I usually grow my own, I currently have 8 Jaguars about 2 to 3 inches long in Grande Prairie, as they get larger and more aggressive I split them into smaller groups so they dont kill each other. A little early to tell but it looks like I'll get 3 good pairs

Snowape   

keep us posted...I have fry now and should have a steady supply. When you're ready I should be able to help you out

jjt1   

keep us posted...I have fry now and should have a steady supply. When you're ready I should be able to help you out

Thanks!

Snowape   

I have an extra Honduras jag if you want, four inches

If you still have him I would be interested, need some new dna

I have an extra Honduras jag if you want, four inches

If you still have him I would be interested, need some new dna

I wont be able to catch fish out of my 750 gallon tank till summer, if you still want him then, i will contact you

I have honduran jaguars and blue/black Umbie grow outs. I am busy at work for the next month but then I could part with a few, I will post when I'm free to catch them. My 5-6 inch jag has been sold but the rest of the fish are all between 2-4 inches.