Loss Of Power

patcamaro

On march 6th Enmax is shutting entire blocks of power down for 7 hours.

In sw calgary

I have 50 some tanks, they won;t last that long. :cry:

I don,t have access to a generator and can;t buy one right now.

Anyone have any suggestions.

I really don't know what to do!

This is a complete shot in the dark.

Call Enmax, be polite, tell them the planned power outage is going to destroy your home based business. Explain your circumstances and ask them for help. Maybe they'll park a generator outside your house. (They are the power company afterall)

Will you be home? Can you do a small WC every hour or two during that time? When adding water, make it splash a lot - that will help with the gas exchange.

Yes Thanks All

I will get ahold of them and tell them they need a solution. And be polite despite our last encounter !

I can,t and won't be home.

After I drain mt water tank it,s three quarters of an hour until I have more hot water, but that would be if our water heater wasn,t fired by electricity.

We had a problem before with enmax too !

They applied our power bill money to the wrong account, when my wife got home there were well over 300 fish gone.

They admitted they flubbed up, but no compensation offered.

We got an "oops sorry"

Fast your fish ... same as packing for transport... fast them the day before so there will be much less waste and don't feed until after the power and filters are back up and running.

Some are suggesting in the US with the large power outages, that your fish will die a lot sooner from waste gases, then they will by starvation.