Another Yyc Member

robwhughes

Hi gang,

New here and wanted to introduce myself. I was referred here by Shrimp Chick who I just met the other night, when I purchased some lighting from her hubby off Kijiji.

I joined the freshwater aquarium hobby about a year ago now when I moved to Calgary after 20 years in Banff. I purchased a 20 gallon tank from Kijiji and have learned a lot of lessons. You can read about it hear if you're interested: http://www.myaquariumclub.com/robwhughes/blog/ I've been reading, researching and watching Youtube vids (I'm a fan of Dustin's Fishtanks as well), 'soaking' up as much as I can. I'm primarily interested in freshwater aquascapes and planted tanks.

I'm now planning an upgrade to a much larger tank (55 - 75 gallon, don't think the wife will go for a 120) which will feature a more advanced aquascape. I'm very excited to get started but for now I'm slowly purchasing items from a long checklist to distribute budget over several months in order to make it a little more affordable.

Hoping to make it out to the Calgary Aquatic Society next Tuesday for the first time. In the meantime, I look forward to meeting others here and learning from you.

All the best,

Rob Hughes

Calgary, AB

PS. Feel free to follow me on Instagram as well, I've met many aquarists here recently too. http://instagram.com/robwhughes

post-6516-0-58844700-1396624067_thumb.jpg

Edited by robwhughes

Welcome and hope to see you at the meeting next Tuesday. We should have lots of plants in our mini auction.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you come to the cas meeting I've been saving plants for it. I also found a really nice large piece of driftwood on the job a few weeks ago. I began bartering with my wife at 120 gallons and we settled on a 65 so if you want a 120 start at 200+ when bargaining haha.