Calgary Aquarium Society Horticultural Award Program

Ok I have been told I am volunteering / voluntold to run the HAP for CAS. What I found with the CAS HAP site was too many mistakes from plant names being changed, the time frame was too slow for getting the site updated and most of all I hated bothering the webmaster every time I found a change. You find a change, send out an email, 10 minutes later you find another, another email. I just hated being a pest. So I decided to make my own website for the HAP. Now it is still a work in progress but I think you can see where I am heading with it. Please let me know what you think and if (lol when) you find mistakes I have made let me know also any suggestions I am all ears. After all it's my first website and I know I have made mistakes.

http://calgaryaquariumsocietyhap.ihostvm.com/

Well this idea just came to mind but may require programming, how about an online submission form vs. a scan and email type and pictures can be either submitted with the form or emailed seperately. For the amount of work this might be it might not be worth it due to the limited number of current participants but the thought is worth sharing.

Working on an online form Frogfish, the blank spot in the fist page between plant list and contact us is where I am going to set up the link. Just not sure how to get it forwarded to me and also was trying to cross reference the members name with the membership list so thal I only recieve valid emails. I'm just not as smart as you are fast.

• 3 months later...

You are able to reproduce a aquatic plant, have it spotted (witnessed) by someone else and you get points for doing it. Most importantly you must be a member of the CAS. You should also try and list what you have done to reproduce the plant. Ie: lighting type hours on, water temp etc. You can see a listing of the plants on the Calgary Aquarium Website.

If that is the only way that you can reproduce an aquatic plant, I look forward to the following information: Light level, Type, Ph, I think we can guess at the temp. Gree the plant must have been from seed so the gestational time must be.....

Thank goodness we are not talking about fish, especially mouth brooders....

• 3 weeks later...