Sicce Co2 Life Makes Your Water Murky

Taurus

LFS employee I asked about the SICCE CO2 Life said not to buy because it makes your water murky.

The SICCE CO2 Life is a CO2 injector that is self contained. No external bottles, gauges attached to it. It's just the device on suction cups and inside is a carbon cartridge that dissolves according to a gauge you set it to.

Has anyone bought this and used it? Any reviews would be appreciated.

Edited by Taurus

Anything with a small cartridge is a waste of $. You'll quickly be paying what is costs for a proper co2 setup. A tank of less than 30 gal can benefit well with a dyi method and any tank size above that go to pressurized. At least a paintball setup.

Got one and it sits under my tank in the box now. Gadgets are my weakness - it did nothing to my planted tank so I am back on the bottle!! In this case it's a good thing!

I bought mine a whole ago so I am the first to get duped, don't feel bad I was first.

I didn't end up buying the SICCE, I'm doing DIY with the CO2. I see it is a bit of work as I have a corner 54 Gal. tank and I notice the pressure goes down on the gauge in the afternoon, but having said that, I notice immediate results with regards to the plants. I got 3 Discus, and 5 SAE, 3 clown loaches and tetras in the tank.

Thanks, I sort of realized that to be the case even if the LFS has those ingredients in a neat package. I was told replace the ingredients after 2 months maybe 3?

I am always interested in trying things out but in this case it did little for my plants - now the CO2 has created massive growth for everything and I am clipping Ludgwgia repens, hygro, and watching my Swords explode! Green everywhere! Finnex 7000K lights (2) and one Fugeray