Hey There! Cgy

Siblyze

Hello there, I've been lurking for quite sometime! Finally decided in my hobby it's time to make some friends or aquaint with the community.

I am currently in the process of building a 65 gallon planted tank. The cycle has begun and it's soiled and capped with fluorite. I just need to load'er up with plants. :) high probability of going in the discus direction with the tank once I stabilize.

Welcome!! Feel free to come out to the Calgary Aquarium Society meeting next Tuesday. We have a mini auction and there's always plants available..

CAS meetings are every second Tuesday of the month except July and August I believe. I am also a new member of both AA and CAS, both are called aquaholics anonymous around the house here haha. Really hope you enjoy the community as much as I have so far as people are quite friendly and helpful. I have a 65 gallon as well and due to the depth of the tank I have encountered some challenges and learning experiences with a heavy focus on plants. Welcome to the club!

Thanks guys :)

What kind of experiences or tips could you offer when it comes to the 65 gallon? I have lighting. 4 39w t5ho on top of mine. But for dirt I'd almost say that was too much lighting? What's your thoughts on this? I am relatively new to aquatic plants. So I'm learning almost daily

I have a 65 gal with the same lighting and the only thing that really gives me trouble is growing carpeting plants and low ground cover plants, bulbs, rosettes and stem plants do just fine.

A good tip is love it, learn from it and as long as you enjoy it its not work.