Need An Id On These Two Pleco's

KimW

So these two came with my tank when my husband bought it for me and I am wondering what they are. They seem pretty reclusive

20140619_132246_zpsd75ef1db.jpg

20140619_132424_zpsd8f7e15d.jpg

Sorry this picture isn't the best, he's a little upset with me because I removed all the hidey places LOL.

First one is either a green (L120) or blue phantom (L128) and the other looks like one of the galaxy plecos (Pseudacanthicus spp, I beleive)

LOL i just noticed my catfish snuck into the first picture HAHA apparently he is not camera shy, anyone know an approximate value on these? I had someone name them at some point ( years ago ), couldn't remember what they were, and told me one of them was quite hard to replace ( expensive ) just curious.

My common is picking on both of them so he will be on his way to an lfs tonight or tomorrow, probably big als if they will take him. If not I have no idea what to do with him. He's in a tote right now with water from the aquarium and a bubbler.

I think you are right on the second, he does look a lot like the "Galaxy" pictures I have seen.

Edited by KimW

They're worth $30-50 or more, depending on size

The Galaxy one is about 6" long now. The other I would say is about 4" I have had them both for years.

First one is either a green (L120) or blue phantom (L128) and the other looks like one of the galaxy plecos (Pseudacanthicus spp, I beleive)

I think chances are good the first is a blue phantom however that being said ( and I know the pic doesn't quite show it, will try to get a better one now that he is back in the tank with all the plants LOL ) he has quite a "golden-greenish" hue to him which I am not seeing in pictures I look up.

There's a good chance that blue phantom and green phantom are the same species, they just occur in different parts of the same river. Care for both is exactly the same.

• 4 months later...