Finnex Fugeray Planted+

DevonCichlid

I've had my eye on the Finnex line of lights for a while now. In particular I am looking for something for either 24" or 18" in depth and am not keen on Running CO2. They have the 30" models which is what I would be in the market for due to space available. I am fine if I am restricting myself plant wise but am more inquiring about these LED setups being adequate for planted tanks.

I will likely put in an order anyways to try one out but any success (or not) stories would be appreciated. I've had algae issues with T5 HO lights in the past in 24" deep tanks, likely due to the lack of CO2, even though I wasnt running the lights for long hours (maybe 6hr per day at the most). I have a 30" Coralife T5-HO right now on a shallow planted tank and haven't had the same kind of algae issues and running 10 hours a day.

I know I'm missing lots of info like substrate, stocking, etc. but good or bad experiences help either way.

I'm a fan of Finnex - they're on almost all of my tanks. The old Ray II grew good so just fine in a 24" deep tank. The FugeRay is great for shallow tanks. I don't have any of the new generation, so I'd be interested to see how it looks if/when you get it set up.

Ya I am putting in an order for it today. Will provide some feedback. I am going to put it on the 12" deep tank first and then move it to an 18" next. I know they are working on getting accurate readings to provide the PAR but it's a work in progress still.

I have Finnex FugeRay II, Monster Ray, 7000K and the 7000K planted + and I am very happy with them all. More so with the planted + as its a great blend with the 7000K and red LED's with a long chord! I have 2 more I bought for sale in Calgary - 180.00ea - 48" models in the box.

Let me know if there are any interested parties.