Well the plan has changed quite a bit so i figured it was time to update this thread.

This tank will be heavily planted, soil substrate tank similar to my 120G. However with this tank i want to do a dry start, get some good carpet growth and cover the driftwood in moss and riccia.

I am in the process of picking up driftwood from multiple sources, manzanita-driftwood.com, AA Members and Kijiji. I have ordered numerous 3' long pieces that are going to stand from the substrate through the top of the tank. There will be a 2-3 inch space from the rear of the tank to where the driftwood starts and I want to plant some tall background plants (rotala, r. ludwigia, vallisneria, and bacopa) when it comes time to flood the tank.

In front of the driftwood im going to use a combination of Echinodrus, Anubias, S. Repens as midground and foreground plants around the ground cover driftwood.

The eventual goal will be to add Discus to the tank once the system has stabilized.

Lots of work to do to get there, ill reserve a number of posts to show the progress of the tank as time goes on.

post-6209-0-73590100-1403979074_thumb.jpg

post-6209-0-76157400-1403979111_thumb.jpg

post-6209-0-89271000-1403979130_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeditait

• 6 months later...