New Anti-Spam Laws In Canada

Tanker

Hi Folks,

Just thought I would hammer out a few lines about the new anti-spam laws that are coming into effect next week and how it will change things around here. Well... the short story is "I don't think it will".

We don't have a mailing list or bulk email function that we use, so I don't think we are under it's scrutiny. The emails you DO get from us are notifications, NOT advertisements. We are not sending you a "Commercial Electronic Message". This is clearly explained by the government by simply asking their question of "Is one of the purposes to encourage the recipient to participate in commercial activity?" to which every message we send out is "No".

Here at Alberta Aquatica we are nice people who wait until you get to the site to bombard you with messages and advertisements trying to pry your heard earned dollars from your clenched fists. We don't feel the need to ask ahead of time. Oh who am I kidding... we asked for money once in 2006 and then quickly built a very simple business model where the forum became funded on sponsorship by businesses and will hopefully never have to ask it's members for a dime, ever again.

So that's about that. Our messages are NOT "Commercial", so they do NOT fall under the new laws, so you will NOT have to 'resubscribe' to anything to continue getting your PM notifications.