Lotus Bloom

Overboard

Actually this is my first experience having a plant bloom. Lack of experience I was more confused because I didn't understand why I had this stem from the middle of the plant shooting straight up with a small head on it. Two days later the had bloomed. I was amazed vwith the results and didn't even think of smelling the flower. It might be too late now but after work I will see if there is any sent left to enjoy. If I am fortunate to have another bloom I will be ready and set up my camera for elasped time and make a video of the pics.

Now that the plant has bloomed will it bloom again or was this a one time event?

I cut the flower stalk off at the base.

Thanks Geophagus. Yes I am going to cut the flower stock off at the base. I just talked to a lady who owns a hydroponic store here in Edmonton and she said cut it at the base of the plant because it won’t bloom from the same stem a second time. If conditions are good it might shoot up several stem and continue blooming for a month with each bloom lasting 3 to 5 days. Funny thing, the first thing she asked me was did you smell the flower.

Edited by Overboard