For All Shrimp Addicts...introducing Shrimpkeepers Anonymous

SKAshrimps

Hi all,

My name is Hung Lee, and I am a shrimp addict...

I realized very early into my shrimping habit that I had to look outside our borders to fulfill my addiction. And while the accessibility to freshwater dwarf shrimps have improved immensely in recent years through the efforts of individuals like Frank, Ron, Tommy and companies like Ebi-Ken, Canadian Aquatics and ShrimpFever, my appetite for shrimp related products have also grown immensely as I rooted myself deeper and deeper into the hobby. Despite the great process we have made as a hobbyists, I still found myself wanting more, and continuing to look beyond our borders for shrimp related goods. So today I have come full circle, today the the addict becomes the supplier.... today I introduce Shrimpkeepers Anonymous (or SKA for short) to the general public!

Who am I ?

My other handle on AA is Jumpsmasher and for all intended purpose Shrimpkeepers Anonymous is a one-man operation. That being said, Shrimpkeepers Anonymous wouldn't be possible without urging and support of fellow shrimpkeepers. I been been keeping shrimps for several years but in recent year I been putting most of my efforts into developing my own line of Pure Red Line Crystal Red Shrimps and well as breeding a few other species of Caridina shrimps. To be honest, I never really thought much about starting up a company like Shrimpkeepers Anonymous; I was quite focused on my own breeding efforts and pretty contented with bringing in products for my own use as needed as there wasn't really too many people locally that were into the higher end shrimps like I was. But a few interaction with fellow hobbyists really opened my eyes and made me realized I wasn't the only one that glimmered with excitement every time a new shipment of shrimp products came in and although those people might be few and far in-between, it wasn't too far off from what I have been doing for myself for years. Of course, I will probably be SKA's top customer for many years to come but I will try my best not to hoard all the good stuff!

SKA-Logo_BadgeURL_zpse38c4580.png

What is Shrimpkeepers Anonymous?

To most people Shrimpkeepers Anonymous is a dealer / distributor of freshwater shrimp related supplies. We will be importing a number of brands from all over the world and making them accessible to all Canadian shrimp hobbyists. Our current line-up includes Salty Shrimp, GlasGarten, Benibachi, Aqua Design Amano, Prodibio, Dennerle / Shrimp King, Breeder 'n Keepers, Söchting, Bio-Culture, and many more. Most of the products are already in stock with more arriving soon. We have local pick-up in Calgary and also ship all across Canada. Once the website (www.skashrimps.com) is up and running, customer can order online 24/7.

To me, Shrimpkeepers Anonymous or more specifically SKA is also my brand. As I developed my line of shrimps I realized I needed a "brand" and just calling them Hung's PRL was not going to cut it. SKA branded shrimps will be shrimps that I have developed and bred in my own tanks over the past few years.

Will Shrimpkeepers Anonymous sell shrimps?

Many have already asked me if I will be bringing in certain types of shrimps - my answer is simply as follows: I am first and foremost a shrimp breeder and while I am in the processing adding another rack with 11 tanks (14 partitions) , most of those have already been pre-allocated for the expansion of my current breeding projects as they been planned well in advanced, prior any plans for Shrimpkeepers Anonymous. We will have a limited selection of SKA tank-bred shrimps for sale and from time to time, we might offer some surplus shrimps for sale when we do some imports for new breeding projects. I can said that right now I will be devoting some new tanks for wild type shrimps and snails, particularly those from Sulawei and India. I have am starting to have quite the collection of Sulawei Rabbit Snails : )

If you are looking for a certain type of shrimp and if I don't have it myself, I can certainly point you in the right direction.

Anyways, thank-you for viewing and for all your support over the years on AA. If you have any questions about the products we sell or shrimp keeping in general, please feel me to us on here or via email: sales@skashrimps.com

Regards,

Hung Lee
Shrimpkeepers Anonymous

Congratulations Hung! It is wonderful to have the products and knowledge of the products that you bring!

I am also a Shrimp Addict!

Megan Fischer

Thank-you Ron and Megan,

In the past I always felt a bit guilty ordering all those products for myself but now that I get to share it with everyone I felt less guilty - but I still feel bad about how much of the Benibachi stuff was for myself on the first order.. but so happy now that I was able to get Bee MAX in... Benibachi USA was the only guys in North America who was willing to bring it in but they disappeared a while back. Can't wait to get my new rack setted up so I can start on "Phrase 2" : )

I click on the site and it takes me to godaddy.....how does one find the shrimp site?

Hi Quill,

The website is still under construction I have to have it completed soon. In the meantime i have post my product list here. If there something you are looking for and don't see it here, feel free to message me!

Hung