Suggest Stocking For 90G Fw

kukayla

Hi all, I have just picked up a 90g tank. It was previously a marine tank couple years back, that owner sold the fish/corals, then it got transferred to the last owner and he didn't even know the difference between fw and sw. He ended up leaving everything on the tank and just topped it up with tap water and tossed half dozen common goldfish in there. When I picked up the tank it still had the protein skimmer on there, along with 1/4" thick algae on everything, white silicone all over the bottom of the tank with a minor leak. I asked him when the last time he did a water change was, he said and I quote, "like 2 years ago". LOL.

I spent the whole last weekend cleaning and resealing the tank and made a diy stand as well.. Now I need suggestions on stocking. I currently have a 10g, 20g, 35g, and a 50g, all soil and planted community tanks. I want to keep this one planted as well but want to try different stocking. I am interested in getting a pair of Bolivian rams, the rest is wide open. Thanks for reading and I appreciate any suggestions.

I discovered rainbowfish a little while back and I really like them due to the community compatibility and high activity levels. We kept them with Bolivian rams until camilanus worms killed off my rams.

Some of the nicer angels are great display fish too, or you could get some apistogramma species.

Corydoras oiapoquensis,corydoras pinheiroi,corydoras sterbai,corydoras amapaensis,corydoras acutus all nice warm water corys.

+1 on rainbows, sky's the limit on species for a 90G, plus middle & top swimmers, very social so have a lot of color and action

Pearl gouramis would also look amazing, with your tank size could keep several trios

I discovered rainbowfish a little while back and I really like them due to the community compatibility and high activity levels. We kept them with Bolivian rams until camilanus worms killed off my rams.

Some of the nicer angels are great display fish too, or you could get some apistogramma species.

I have always wanted to try angels and have never kept rainbows. Is there a beginner species of rainbows that you would recommend?

Corydoras oiapoquensis,corydoras pinheiroi,corydoras sterbai,corydoras amapaensis,corydoras acutus all nice warm water corys.

+1 on rainbows, sky's the limit on species for a 90G, plus middle & top swimmers, very social so have a lot of color and action

Pearl gouramis would also look amazing, with your tank size could keep several trios

Will check out those other corys, i have a school of 8 pandas in my 50. What would you recommend for top swimmer aside from hatchetfish? I was actually thinking of couple trios of pearl gouramis the other day.

If your looking for information on Rainbows take at look at Rainbowric's journal he as several write ups full of useful information.75 & 90 gallon tanks are the favorite sizes for a lot of bow keepers.

I have german blue rams with four discus in my 90 gallon, along with cardinal tetras, rummy nose tetras, and peppered corys. The corys have had two batches of babies and my discus paired off and have laid eggs yeah?

The plants and driftwood seem to provide lots of hiding places and security.

• 4 weeks later...