Heaters

Iceturf

There's been plenty of bad press over the yrs about Won Bros heaters failing in both the off & on position.

Would a stock tank heater work?

http://www.amazon.ca/Manufacturing-Ultimate-All-In-One-1000-Watt-Removable/dp/B002QXN1GO

Make sure to read all of the reviews.

My advice is to purchase your heater from a source where you can easily return it if it fails, and add a controller to your set up.

Good luck.

I've been looking at those, but I'm not sure if they'll meet my needs. Stock tank heaters are designed to keep ice from forming. Using one to hear water to 26c ... Might be trouble.

I've got a few emails out to industrial, and pharmaceutical groups asking for recommendations from them. Im not scared of a 500 dollar heater... So long as it never melts my plastic holding tank, never fails, and never burns down my house... Pretty important stuff lol. Even aquarium heaters would need to be "caged" in a SS or high temperature plastic to avoid direct contact with the vessel. I'm quite concerned about a 400 gallon spill in my basement

Grab a model you like and go with that. There is always going to be a horror story with ANYTHING in life. Make the best choice you can with what is available to you and your good to go. Tens of thousands heaters, tens of thousands light fixtures, 100's of thousands etc etc are being made there is a failure rate on ANYTHING produced. Vehicles have failures and can lead to death yet people still buy them.

My x brand heater has worked just fine from day1.

Strange coincidence been following this thread the last few days and guess what my brand X heater (no idea what it was but it was old) decides to go wonky on me in my empty quarantine tank.Noticed temp. was at 88F and the heater was still running I let it run temp. hit 110F before I heard a loud audible click.Heater now resides in the garbage and has been replaced by a new Jager .I guess I got off lucky but I should have know better running a old unknown heater for so long.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...