Best Tank Heater?...more Fish Dead!

FISHLIPS

I recently got the Fluval E series and it really has been great at keeping a steady temp. I've only had it for a month So I can't say how long they last. They are pricey but I got mine on sale at pieces.

Maybe check amazon reviews?

I thought some places, maybe big als? You can pay for an extended warranty, but I'm not sure.

I have all Eheim Jagers and run them on temp controllers. Prbably overkill but is a piece of mind for $25.

$25 is not too much for piece of mind but due tell where you find them most LFS and on line shops don't carry or list them is this a DIY project?

Edited by flyfisher

Buy smaller heaters, so if one malfunctions, it cannot overheat your tank.

Totally agree!

I have always been told to get 2 smaller heaters to heat up a tank rather than one large heater. If one malfunctions, it won't over heat the tank, if one randomly stops working, the other one will still work. It is also quite rare that both would malfunction at the same time so its some added security but definitely some sort of controller would be ideal.

I have all Eheim Jagers and run them on temp controllers. Prbably overkill but is a piece of mind for $25.

$25 is not too much for piece of mind but due tell where you find them most LFS and on line shops don't carry or list them is this a DIY project?

I would also like to know where to get a controller...

I got all of mine from Dr Foster and Smith online. Its the Azoo temperature controller for $25 each. Two plugs for a total 700w total, 1 sensor of course. Shipping is kind of slow but reliable. Hope that helps.

I got all of mine from Dr Foster and Smith online. Its the Azoo temperature controller for $25 each. Two plugs for a total 700w total, 1 sensor of course. Shipping is kind of slow but reliable. Hope that helps.

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...