Tough Sob

geleen

Small hole in the cover, well thought the full grown SAE. LETS JUMP. 😥 Oops falling falling, no more water....oh oh.😱😱

So I walk in the room because of the wierd noise, took a full minute to figure out there is a fish flopping behind the tank.....go get a broom and ladder.. Move the fish 7 feet with the stick in a 3 inch space somewhat cluttered with hoses and cables and a few years of stuff.

Fish still moves,put fish in tank, sinks like rock but some fin movement......

Now a week later fully recovered, it must of been out of water for at least 3-4 minutes,fell 4 feet and appears to be okay.

😀

Haha cool story. Animals have a strong survival instinct. I cleaned out a tank once. Took out my lace rock. Let the let lace rock lay in a large Tupperware for six hours. When I went to put the lace rock back in I noticed a little noise in the rock. There in a hole with a little moisture left in it was a oil cat. Alive and well. Still lives to this day.

That's awesome! I had a Barilius Canarensis do almost the same thing. He jumped out and ended up stuck behind the tank on the rack, between the 1 inch styrofrom the rack shelf and the wall. I used a stick to flick him along for a couple feet and a couple minutes. Tossed him back in the tank covered in dryer lint and missing a ton of scales. Didn't seem to phase him after a couple days. Tough SOB.