Nature's Corner Store?

creekbottom

Henry was selling off some tanks a few weeks ago and said he was planning to get rid of one row of tanks but I guess they just threw in the towel.

It's a shame as they used to be my favorite, now we've just got a few freshwater stores left and none of them are really any good.

Big Al's has been improving lately and I hope they keep it up because Calgary is too far just to go do some shopping.

I started another thread about this before I found this one. I'm saddened by the loss of Nature's Corner, but the writing was on the wall. henry had mentioned to me many times that he wanted out of the fish business and that his pond business was where he was going to concentrate. I guess it is going to be Big Al's and local breeders from this point on.

I agree. I drove by myself and the only thing left is the sign. Everything inside is back to the walls essentially.

Is it odd to anyone else that this happened so quickly and without notice? I think a lot of us would have stopped by to pass along our appreciation (and buy some more fish) had we known.

that's brutal news.

I bought fish from there since it was Dads Fish Room off of whyte ave (I was there around 2003). I always admired that they were prepared to let a sale walk out the door because they wouldn't sell a fish that wasn't properly quarantined.

I also liked that they were friendly to my young children and the questions that they would ask. It helps bring the kids along in the hobby.

• 3 months later...