Discus Skinny, Not Eating

dan11

Hey all. I have an 85 gallon planted tank with 5 discus. I have recently noticed that my juvenile red pigeon has stopped eating, and become very skinny, with a concave looking stomach. It just does not look healthy, and has faded color. Any ideas on what this could be, and how I could treat? All the other fish look fine, and no new fish have been added for a couple months. Thanks!!

I actually just went through this with my 3.5" Leopard Eruption, I cant tell you what it is because I don't know but I did put him in a hospital tank and fed him live BBS and freeze dried bring in very small amounts about 4-6 times a day, for about 2.5 weeks and he recovered nicely. Now he is much better but still looks slightly thin. From what I could find online it seemed to be an intestinal issue, maybe a parasite, worm, or small blockage that he may have picked up from some frozen food, I have since stopped all frozen feedings in my tanks and switched to freeze dried (much easier for me). When I treated I did as though it was an intestinal issue.

Awesome thank you very much. I have a 25 gallon around here somewhere I'll get that set up tomorrow. Sounds like I also may have to stop the frozen blood worms and brine shrimp I have been feeding them. Where do you get your freeze dried foods, and what else are you feeding them, if you don't mind me asking? The only thing that they really seem to like is the frozen brine shrimp cubes I feed them every couple of days. Thanks!!