Pearl Gourami

Percilus

Planning some future tanks out. Looking for some advice from owners of this fish or more knowledgeable people than I. Would a single Pearl and some stiphodon blue goby's be happy in a 20 long heavily planted into adulthood? Or perhaps a male + female pair?

How about pearl and golden gourami's they get along? 2 in a 20 long with nothing else?

If not what size heavily planted tank would you recommend for a pearl+golden or perhaps 2 pairs of golden and pearl. Minimum as I don't have the space some of you guys do. If the fish would not be content in the size of tank I can provide I'll have to wait till my living arrangements change to own these beauties I guess.

Thanks

Edited by Percilus

• 2 weeks later...

I have both pearl and golden in my tank, however, my tank is a 75 gallon. In my experience I find that the golden gouramis are more aggressive than the pearls. I would suggest going with a pair of pearl gouramis rather than the goldens. Dwarf gouramis like the powder blue, honey or flame may also be a good choice. Hope this helps.

Thanks all will probably stick to pearl gourami unless I do a semi aggressive tank with fish that can defend themselves against a golden. I've heard throwing in a convict cichlid calms those golden down real quick.