Safe To Feed Fish Jumbo Worms From Fishing Store?

midas

If they are great for my pacman frog I don't see them being bad for fish. I could be wrong but I doubt it. I would chop them up a bit first though if the fish are smaller. I get the honey dews and those things are massive, Wish they were easier to breed!

Thanks Percilus. I imagine it could be pretty messy to chop the worms. You could be supersized that the small fish are actually very capable of eating the big worm. I once dropped one for my Oscar, surprisingly the 4 inches+ red devil picked it up, swallowed the whole worm. But when it comes to my midas (11 inches+), boom!! the whole thing is gone. :D

I used to live in Burnaby and in the summer I waited for a good rain and went out at night with a flashlight and a pail and scooped up hundreds of dew worms in less than an hour. It has to be an older district though - well established lawns and boulevards. I never had to worry about chemicals and the like - used to ask the people if they had fertilized their lawns lately and if they would mind if I picked up their dew worms. I can't remember anyone that wasn't grateful for me ridding their lawns of those pests. I even had some that would come out and help me. I raised them in an oak rain barrel and they bred like crazy.

I remember someone posting on here quite a while ago and a store was mentioned that sold them in bulk and they were chemical free. I looked online and found Walleye Bait and Tackle and that name seemed kind of familiar but couldn't swear that is the store in the post but could be a place to start for winter supplies of worms.