Picking Up My Old Hobby

hkbialik

I've got the bug again. When I was a teenager, I had several tanks and betta bowls. My pride was my 60 gal community tank, fully planted, with loads of cool fish. When I moved away from home, I stopped keeping fish. Now it's a decade later and last week my 6-year-old daughter said she wanted a turquoise betta fish. Hm... those are hard to find. There certainly weren't any at the local pet shops. I ended up on aquabid, and well... now it's hopeless, lol.

One LFS did have a few fancy bettas, so I bought myself a big-ear plakat male who is very pretty. All three of my kids now want fish, so I went on an aquabid shopping spree "for the kids" and soon I'll have some really beautiful bettas. :)

I had "Little Mac" (kids named him!) in a 1 gal jar for a while, but now he's in a proper home, a 5 gal heated, filtered tank. I have some really neat ideas for decorating the fish tanks and my hope is to have each tank be a unique piece to make my home more beautiful. Having secure lids will be important, as you can tell by the photo.

post-6767-0-90711100-1423071834_thumb.jpg