Identification Of Disease

nadalia

Hello there,

I'm currently stumped as to what ails my boesemani. There appears to be a lot of slime coat production as well as small white tail like tendrils approx 0.2mm x 1mm coming off of the skin. It seems to move with the current as well. One of the more affected fish has developed this on its fins as well as along the entire body. I tried to take a picture. Its more noticeable on the fish in the upper right along its dorsal fin, you can especially see it on the blue part. I swabbed a little bit of hydrogen peroxide on it earlier and it appeared to bubble. The fish are still eating although they are starting to clamp their fins now.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-5828-0-96624500-1425623458_thumb.jpg

I can't see anything in the pics, but if things are hanging off, look for anchor worms. Another option is the slime coat itself is peeling off. The CO2 in winter water (those little bubbles) can burn it off as well. It may also be velvet, but without seeing the fish its tough.Have fun Google-ing

Edited by Jayba

Hah yeah I've already tried googling, and I don't think it's velvet since it doesn't give off that yellow gold sheen. Anchor worms are much larger from what I gather, but I'll just keep watching their activity. Perhaps you are right about it being the slime coat peeling off. I'll be doing daily water changes. Perhaps someone living in the Edmonton area can drop by and see what's up.