4 Foot Beamworks Led Needs Repair?

hustler

i have 2 48" beamworks LED units and both are not working. when you turn them on they are on for a second then go dead.... where could a guy get them fixed local? anyone have any ideas how they could be fixed?

it might be the power adapter. I had similar issues with my Marineland LED fixture dying on me - once I swap out the power adapter with a new one they worked fine. If you have to find a power adapter with the same amp and voltage and same connector

You can check ebay or 724lights

12V - http://www.724light.com/led-power-supplies-12v-power-supply-c-6_32.html?zenid=ha2bfbh4csjug9sqpc05eluqh3

Edited by jumpsmasher

The previous posts are exactly right. i have bought many of the Beamworks LED fixtures on E-bay and have had to replace some of the power adapters after a couple years. Sometimes the lights will start to flicker as well which is a sign. Now I keep at least one extra adapter on hand. They cost about $10 each.

yup it worked like a charm!!! went and found a laptop adapter that has the same specs spliced it and were back!!! thanks a ton guys!!! hope its ok i spliced both fixtures to the same powersource.... waiting for the cheap ones to come from china lol

yup it worked like a charm!!! went and found a laptop adapter that has the same specs spliced it and were back!!! thanks a ton guys!!! hope its ok i spliced both fixtures to the same powersource.... waiting for the cheap ones to come from china lol

As long as its 12 volts and has enough wattage (expressed in Volt amps) itll work like a charm.