Black Sand In Edm?

FISHLIPS

I'm trying to track down some black sand for my 90gal/geophagus tank.I've been reading online about buying black sand from homedepot/rona,lowes etc.Anyone know where I can find this?

Also I am wondering about adding some kind of substrate to add to the sand that really glows in lighting which I'm also wondering which light will do this?

picked up some more geophagus proximus today at Big Als.

Some of the cichlid forums have said copper slag is good; but, I've also heard that it's pretty sharp and will destroy the fish's gills. When I wanted to go black on a 6' 135gal several years ago, I bit the bullet and bought from the LFS. I'm super cheap and DIY a lot of my stuff, so that sand was by far the most expensive part of the tank. Our big box stores here don't carry different colors of sand. AFIK, there's a Target distributor in Calgary that has playsand in all kinds of different colors, but I haven't seen any of it in Edmonton.

If you head to the sand blasting suppliers - I've bought from SIL and Manus, both are on the East side - they should have samples and full chemical make-up. You'll want something that isn't sharp and is inert.