Slowly Getting Things Together! (Pic Heavy)

KyleK

Well folks the fish room is slowly shaping up here at the new place. Naturally it was the first room to get setup! So I am on the hunt for tanks, filters and other goodies etc!

Here is some of the livestock so far :D

20150504_171513.jpg

20150504_171501.jpg

20150503_225615.jpg

Edited by KyleK

Well apparently either I am a little challenged or photobucket has some problems... more pics to come when I figure it out

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

All fish outgrew the tank!

The two needle gar were killed by the arowana, arowana was moved to a 180 with sting rays and she jumped out last week. Rays ate one of the bala sharks.

Gar was traded for two Paroon sharks. and the bichirs outgrew the tank as well. Was only really meant as a grow out at the time. however recently I have been focused on cutting down on the overall number of tanks and going larger!

too bad about your losses but that's the way it goes with predators....For future reference only buy fish that don't fit in other fishes mouths and do a lot of research on what fish go with what fish. Check out MFK Monster Fish Keepers on line I don't always agree with how the say things but they will let you know fish arrangements through there experiences. lots of plywood tanks on there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on cutting my tanks down too, and trying to just have a few large ones, and manage them as a community. Today I came to one of my tanks and saw my fish had pulled it's eyeballs and were trying to eat it. It's the third time this has happened this week.

I guess at least with larger predators, the fish is likely completely gone. But mine are smaller, and this is the third time they've done it. Had to put the poor fish out of its misery.

• 2 weeks later...

I have learned some expensive lessons!

Small clown loaches and bichirs dont mix...

Tight fitting lids with weight! I had a two foot gar jump out the other day now found him behind the tank. thought he was a gonner till I picked him up.

Had to rinse off the cat hair and toss him back in and he is fine but it really looked like he had been out a while, his belly was red?

I have had a few losses. lost a stingray pup, no matter what I could not get him to eat and he slowly starved. I feel really badly about this! Lost a tiger cat last week that wouldnt eat.

Just need to pick a big tank and focus I think. once you start with too many tanks its hard to micromanage each one (at least for me)

I will be looking into a plywood tank once we buy a house (this spring) But for now limited to what I can find used which is either WAYYY over priced or snapped up!