Suggestions For 60 Gal African Biotope

mermaid0508

Is it a 36" or 48" tank? If it's longer, then a school of 6-10 Congo Tetras would be great - they get big as far as tetras go, and I find do better in longer tanks. If you get them small, they might entice your other fish out more - I'd try to find small ones. Large ones may be a bit too boisterous for your shy fish, while small ones would normally be snacks for predators; so, if the small ones are out schooling around, the other fish may feel safer.

hi Jason,

it's a 48" tank, I have tried Congo tetras before but they didn't survive they were a good size too. All water parameters checked out fine so I know that the water was good. My husband who has been in the hobby for a very long time suggested Arnold's characin as a possible addition. We are unable to locate any. Do you know of any LFS that may carry them.

Thanks

Mermaid

Your best bet for Arnold's is to keep an eye on importers lists - maybe Spencer Jack?

Big als in edmonton has congos, they are tagged at an arm and a leg. Noticed a few good looking males but there were only about 4 in the school of 20+. All under 1.5 inch so juvies. Also I know if pet cetera still exist they can get them periodically.