Geophagus

Janelle003

• 10 months later...

i also have the proximus,3-4", I think I only have 1 female and lost one 3 weeks ago during a water change with well water.I have 5 left and they are nipping each others tails,1 minute they are huddled together and the next they are jousting.I only have a pleco in with them.I have 5 remaining

Edited by FISHLIPS

In a 135 gal, I had Geos w. Corys, wild angels and Congo tetras... maybe a group of bleeding-heart tetras, too. It was a while ago - might be in my journal on this forum...

One thing I have found over the years is that many fish are attracted to the trailers of other fish and will keep nipping them until they are completely gone. If you want to maintain the awesome trailers on the geos stay away from the fin nippers.These are usually smaller fish like mbunas and some tetras so I find it best to keep geos with larger fish.

• 2 months later...

One thing I have found over the years is that many fish are attracted to the trailers of other fish and will keep nipping them until they are completely gone. If you want to maintain the awesome trailers on the geos stay away from the fin nippers.These are usually smaller fish like mbunas and some tetras so I find it best to keep geos with larger fish.

they are nipping each other