My Sulawesi Shrimp Set Up.

Claudiohv

Tank:

JBJ 12 gallon XD (used a lot for reef tanks)

Light: i took the florescent tubes out, creates a huge amount of heat specially if lid is left closed (thanks Hung!) So i installed idea LED's, the tank it self comes with small ''night time blue leds'' those i leave on pretty much all day.

Substrate & rocks: ADA Mekong sand (inert stuff) petrified wood (as well inert... as far as i know...) and then a texas holey rock (a rock usually used for cichilds)

Filtration: I took the pump and decreased the flow rate like a lot! these shrimp don't like fast moving waters. i keep lots of pourus media in the back. I have covered the filter intake with a sponge to avoid losing the microscopic shrimplets.

Heater: fluval E series temp kept at 27-28.9 C

Chemicals: i only use SS sulawesi 8,5 and i just did what the label says [conductance of around 270 +/- 40 uS (Mikrosiemens)]

I set up the tank last year, i let it be there for a long time so see if the pH was altered by the petrified wood or the texas holey rock, and i didn't see much of a change. I do water changes every week and add SS until the water is at 200.

pH is sitting at 8.6 now

and conductance is at 390, i made a mistake of not heating up the water when mixing the mineral powder. i'm glad so far everything is going well and ill try to achieve a lower conductance in the tank.

gH 30ppm

kH 20 ppm

To be honest i have no idea how this parameters affect the shrimp but they have been at this rate constantly.