Levamisole? Anyone?

redcherrybarb

He gone. My favourite fish went to a better place. I decided to euthanize him, he was just suffering way too much. And he probably wouldn't have come back from the infestation anyway. Sad day. I'm crying over a tiny German Blue Ram.

I'm sorry to hear about your ram, I also lost my favorite fish, a big Bolivian ram to worms.

I didn't see your post in time to help but if the worms are visible I'm sorry to say but that fish probably will not survive.

Treat the tank and hopefully you can save the female and any wigglers that hatch out.

Thank you very much. It happens, and I euthanized him so that he didn't suffer. I used clove oil, and he went quick, just fell asleep and passed.

I know it's just a fish, but I really baby them, and I take it personally when I can't save them.

Thankfully my Kribensis tank is unaffected but I'm going to feed them levamisole food just to be sure I didn't cross contaminate them.

This was a big learning experience for me.

The female and some of the corys are rolling, the levamisole won't be here till the end of the week :(

I kept fish since the 90s, but never encountered worms in my fish, so this is new to me. But I will definitely be setting up a bare bottom QT tank in the basement and everyone is getting treated for worms from now on. And staying in QT for at least 6 weeks.

Trying to get parasites out of a heavily planted tank is a nightmare

I'm pretty sure some or several of the stores in Edmonton are infested, people keep getting worms more and more lately and it just seems too suspicious that there would be so many cases in such a short period of time unless the fish were coming in sick.