I Dont Mind Spending The Money But Do I Have Too?

maligne

Hello all! how's things?.. I bought a 55 gallon fluval kit with kit led lighting, I planted it with Java Fern, Anubias and Christmas moss. I dose these plants regularly with flourish, flourish iron, flourish potassium and flourish Excel. The plants, lets say the plants are surviving, the java fern is even reproducing at a very slow rate but some of it is dying off and all my plants look sad.I want my plants to look happy and energetic! I spent the last two hours watching you tube videos on lighting and dosing and co2, DIY so on and so on. I feel like lighting may be my issue. Do I really need to go spend hundreds of dollars on a new lighting or is there a cheaper way to solve the problem???

Cheers

None of those plants require the additives you're putting in and likely won't use them w/o added Carbon (CO2 or Excel/Metricide). And like Fishclubgirl says, the color temp is somewhat important. If your kit was meant for FW, then it's probably OK.

i believe this is the kit she has:
http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/ca/product/15222-starter-aquarium-kit-with-led-55-gal/#.VdY6rvm6dhE

It should be fine with low light plants. both Java Fern & Anubias will take time to growth so it will take a while to fill in. Sometimes java fern do melt but i just remove the dead leaves and they bounce back with new healthy growth over time. Maybe look are getting some low light stem plants