Catching Sick Fish

WickedOdie

So I have a 90 gallon planted tank. It has come down with freshwater velvet, what are the chances eh? Anyways, I've moved 99% of my fish from the 90 to a 20 gallon that has malachite green in it. Basically the fish I caught were the ones still in good shape. Now I have two fish that are stubborn as hell, one's got dropsy and the other has clamped fins. Both spook real easily.

I've caught 90% of the current fish with fish traps, basically 2 liter bottles. the other 10% i caught with a net. The problem I'm having is they are hiding in all my plants. I can't just take out the plants, it's a dirty tank.

They at the end of the day are going to die regardless. The one with dropsy is anyways. But I'd rather get them out and have them face the meds than to sit in the tank and die.

Does anyone have an idea on how to catch these fish?

After lights out, make sure the room is very dark as well. Wait an hour or so, and sneak in with a flashlight.no more light than is necessary...

I do this all the time with cichlids that are holding.Sometimes I wonder if they even wake up...