Looking To Improve My African Cichlid Tank

t3ch

Hi,

I am looking to improve the hardscaping of my tank, maybe switch to a different type of rock all together. My goal is to improve the amount of caves the fishes get while keeping it naturally looking and visually appealing.

Here is a picture of my tank as well as a video of the african cichlid tank and the angelfish planted tank (why not)

post-6865-0-40270700-1441296411.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrVxsX9fBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOddITo5smY

Go dig around the Fieldstone (4-12" if they have it) pile at the local rock/landscape company. Fieldstone is typically igneous and metamorphic rock, comes in so many different shapes and colors, and you'll get more flat sides to help stack and create caves.

Haha oups :S... I see what you are talking about now, it's a bit like those granite plates people use. Definitely makes it easy for stacking but I find it doesn't look very natural

I think you're thinking flag stone...

Just ask for fieldstone at Burnco before you decide.

I agree. Smaller rocks would scale better to the size of your tank....alternatively upgrade tank sizes lol. If you're willing to get a sump that would help tidy up all the heaters and filters and what not on the back of the tank which I think would improve the look of your tank the most out of anything you could do. That's just my opinion though :)

Great... So I went to burnco and got 150lbs (better more than less) of Kendall stones. Looks really cool but washing them I found out they all have fools gold on them!!! I guess I'm gonna have to go back again and now have a pile of useless rocks

Edited by t3ch