Downtime

Last night I ran a maintenance/patch to the software. Site was down for approx 20 minutes. Was mostly to deal with an issue surrounding new registrations not validating properly. Everything should be perfect now with the entire site.

Whaa? Fall is a horribly busy time for me at work, so I (try my damnedest to) come on nightly to check new registrations but rarely have time to do anything on the community so I can go days at a time without actually 'seeing' the board (the Admin section runs separately).

Looking back I see a void in the new post stats from Oct 29 - Nov 6, and again until Nov 10. On Nov 5 I came on the community to investigate when someone who sent me a FB message saying the site was down, and everything loaded up, so I assumed it was a temporary thing and carried on. I had no idea it was that long of a time, or even what originally caused it or what ultimately fixed it. My only guess is something got scrambled in the database if there was a "line..." error, and it was fixed either by the patch I happened to run on the 10th, or the Host company found a glitch and ran a fix on their side to correct whatever went wrong on the 29th.

The email address of aa@albertaaquatica.com is ALWAYS monitored, so if there is a problem and the board isn't working correctly, please let me know! I can log into the site from anywhere I am in the world (except in a fishing boat - some things are sacred) and check things out, fix it if possible, or submit a trouble ticket to the host or the programmers as required to fix it for me.

AA is nearly 12 years old and the major down times can still be counted on one hand.

We all know you have a life. When AA went down from October 29- ~November 9, it was a shock as it is a very dependable website. You do go through a period of fish post withdrawal. PM and posting was totally down. Glad that you have a email that we can reach you at if something happens. Thanks for keeping our fish forum active and running. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...