125Gal Tanganyikan Community

jvision

I sold off all of my Tropheus and started a Tanganyikan Community - a mix of Tanganyikan cichlids, some Syno. petricola and my L139 breeding group (there were already a couple of their kids in the tank).

Here's the new scape:

FTS left

20151111_133022_zpspmryvoew.jpg

FTS right

20151111_133037_zpsfiiot0sk.jpg

Alto. compressiceps checking out a new cave

20151111_133053_zpslnr34df4.jpg

Some N. leleupi and S. petricola checking out the back caverns

20151111_133105_zpskobwkgxz.jpg

Cyps, Paracyps can comps. chillin in the shell garden - hoping to find some blue-stripe ocellatus for the shells

20151111_133117_zpstbijbpu0.jpg

Looks amazing Jason. What kind of paracyps did you add? And where did you find them lol as I'm on the look out for paracyprichromis brieni black fins as I think they will be the final touch for my 75G tang tank

They're Paracyp.nigripinis. I bought them from Spencer. I just bought some Cyp.leptisoma "Mobo" from him - there areally a couple males in the group, at least. Can't wait for those to color up!

Oh wow just Google and fantastic fish. Hmmmmm going to have to save my nickels then so I can find the ones I'm looking for lol. I love the look of the vals, thought the water might be too hard for them but definitely getting some now for my tank.

When you do 50% weekly WCS, there's no such thing at too hard water. I'd prefer all Tiger Val, so when I find some, I'll completely replace it all. If I would have been at the auction, I'm sure I would have made a few people disappointed when I over paid for a bag. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Livestock is coming along. Just aquire some Gold L.ocellatus today. Already displaying to each other... a couple of my leleupi are jealous and decided they're shell-dwellers too!

The dominant ocellatus is squaring off with a male leleupi

20151213_1851160_zpsqmb5krco.jpg

20151213_185116_zpscfqmezbv.jpg

It's funny; the leleupi have been in there for a month and haven't had much interest in the shell field, but with the ocellatus interested and frisky, these two leleupi figure they need to get in there too

• 1 year later...

I changed up the occupants a bit, too. Got rid of the Ocellatus and Compresiceps and added Cyathopharynx faoi. There are about 80 fish in the tank right now!

• 1 year later...

I'm back to Tropheus!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pfzVTecbHU163q3I3

Pretty much everything in this tank is from AA members. I bought the tank from Mike years ago, the stand was built by Ryan and the Tropheus are from Andrew.  This sure has become pretty quiet, but it's legacy lives on!!