No Teck Nano Tank (Except Light)

fatpuffer

I have a filterless, heaterless planted nano tank. It is doing well with plants and shrimps. I will be away for 1.5 weeks. I cannot feed at that time. Is this going to be an issue? Plants are just anubias, a bit of moss, and pothos on top for nitrate removal. It has neocaridina type shrimps which are thriving and actually found a baby one as well.

Thanks.

Js

If it's a pretty light shrimp pop'n, you should be fine. If there's a chance someone can pop in once while you're away to add just the tiniest amount of food, that might be better. The worst I could see happening is the shrimp strip the moss and/or pothos root-hairs.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update: tank is doing well. had one shrimp die but I see LOTS of moulted shell all over the tank. I found 3 baby shrimps...I think they are blue. The tank is a mix of culls (brown, blue, and red). Some of the reds are getting brighter and some blues are blue except the middle part of the body which is just clear. I think I might have hydra...can really tell but I have been doing water changes and feeding less. So far so good. Jayba have some fenbendazole for me just in case.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With plants... probably 50+ adults. Once your babies get to be around 1/3 size, you might want to start slowly culling your adults... start with the least colorful ones.

• 2 weeks later...