Eheim Pro 3 No Prime Pita!

FunkSolid

Have mercy on me with this new filter. I got this used 2073 and previous owner said it works awesome. I have never had an Eheim before, and I cannot get this SOB to prime and start pumping water.

Things I have done...

- I re-did ALL the hose connections, cut small portions of hose off and made tight strong connections.

- No water leaking, and cant see any place where air is entering the system

- Motor head off, inspected and reinstalled impeller and shaft. Looks fine.

- I watched every single YouTube video on how to set up correctly.

- Pumped that primer button about 1000 times and even yelled "FU$K" as loud as I can to encourage it.

- I have had, and still have many Fluval canisters that have never had this issue.

I posted a video on YouTube so you can see what I have done, and the sounds its making.

https://youtu.be/yix1SMkJbok

Thanks for any help, advice you can give me.

I've never used the 2073, but I find that most of those top-enter-top pump cansiters are all pretty much the same. Is there any air anywhere in the intake hose? That'll cause an airlock. Sometimes I give a suck on the output hose to get things going... your tank water is clean, right? :D

On the bottom of the motor/head part ,the ring you had to remove to check the impeller is a cream/yellow elbow feeding into the impeller. Pop the ring back off and reattach the elbow. 99% sure that the problem

Thanks for the reply. Would you please check this exploded parts list diagram and let me know which piece that is?

http://www.eheimparts.com/display_product.php?pid=2073

Finally found the one for my eheim. Hope this helps. If it pop's out from under the retainer ring l get lot's of noise and the only way to get water movement is to hold down the prime button.

Thanks for your detailed help! Hopefully this helps out other members as well. Its up and running and im a happy camper :thumbs: