Feeding Cardinal/small Tetras

FunkSolid

I have seen various videos on the YouTubes on how people feed their Cardinal (small) tetras. I have been using NLS 0.5mm pellets, and I think they have been eating it, but I have not really observed it.

Does anyone have a great food / feeding system they love?

Thanks Friends

Andrew

• 1 year later...

I find the NLS pellets to be too hard for some fishes. Hikari micropellets are more porous. They initially float but ones they suck up some water they get soft and sink. It is my favourite dry food for pencilfish, all sizes of tetras and even some of the apistogramma eat it (not the NLS).

• 2 months later...
On 08/02/2016 at 8:55 AM, FunkSolid said:

I have seen various videos on the YouTubes on how people feed their Cardinal (small) tetras. I have been using NLS 0.5mm pellets, and I think they have been eating it, but I have not really observed it.

Does anyone have a great food / feeding system they love?

Thanks Friends

Andrew

I feed live Microworms, Grindal worms and BBS, as well as Golden Pearls and Flake foods.  They are voracious feeders and are super active, that way you know they are eating.. I have Black Neon Tetras and Black Emperor TETRAS, as well as any dozen or so Albino Coryadors and five Ottocats and a single Silvertip Pleco into my 45 gallon tank  btw