Colour Enhancing Black Worms… Not Just For Disucs… Check Out These Photos

Diet is one of the most important factors when it comes to getting the best colours in your aquarium fish. The sets of photos below show just how much of a difference using a good quality natural colour enhancing food can make. This first set of photos shows a Dragon Blood Peacock cichlid from my wife's aquarium. The original colour as seen in the first photo was rather underwhelming. I gave my wife some some Bio Pigement Colour Enhancing Black Worms to feed him with and the difference after just two weeks is quite impressive as can be seen in the second photo.

3.png

4.png

This second set of photos show one of my koi from the summer/fall of 2014. It had been raised on Original Freeze Black Worms which were fantastic for growth. In the first photo the koi is 5 months old and already around 9". I then switched it to the Bio Pigment Plus Colour Enhancing Black Worms and you can see in the second photo how the orange colour became much more vibrant.

806833fe-dde6-4a76-987b-b712444775e7.jpgec2cd93c-4b78-4e5e-b404-1d734aa1a3e2.jpg

Colour feeding ornamental fish is part art and part science. I have two different colour enhancing products and I like to use them together as follows. I start with the Bio Pigment Plus Colour Enhancing Black Worms. This product contains Carophyll Pink which is a strong and fast acting colour enhancer especially for reds and oranges. I feed this for anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks until I have achieved the intensity of colour that I want to see. I then switch to the CAF Colour Enhancing Formula and use it to maintain the colour on an ongoing basis. The CAF formula contains astaxanthin derived from natural micro algae which is not only a natural colour enhancer but is also nutritious for the fish.

Both of these products are available on my website and I offer free shipping on all food orders: Click here to view or order Colour Enhancing Black Worms