Concept Aquariums?

FunkSolid

I saw on the interwebs that Concept Aquariums is now getting into selling freshwater fish, with a sale this weekend. I looked up their location and noticed they are right in the Golden Triangle of fish stores in Calgary. We have 3 major fish stores within a laughable proximity of each other.

What do you guys think about another freshwater store opening up?

Location?

Competition?

Good?

Bad?

What will set them apart?

Thanks

Andrew

They have been open for some time but now have consolidated with Riverfront. Excited to see what they bring in!!!

I had some glass cut there last month. Their NLS and NorthFin were reasonably priced for the size of the containers. They were

working on construction for space for the extra tanks at the time so I did not see new livestock.

I am a huge fan of hard work and entrepreneurship. Of course I want to support businesses/people who are growing and improving the hobby we love. I'm hoping to drive up there tomorrow and check them out, and ideally come home with some awesome fish from their sale. I am just really fascinated by how close these stores are together, and if that will have any impact on their sales?! Hopefully the demand in Calgary matches the supply up there in the NW and some healthy competition will challenge these businesses to keep their fish healthy and their customers happy (seems like a nice symbiosis, healthy fish and happy customers).

Update this thread if you go and see these guys, and what your thoughts are!

Thanks Friends

Went there at Noon and took advantage of their 2-for-1 sale of freshwater fish. It's much smaller and the aisles are narrower which means fewer selection. I don't see any tanks for big fish such as the Arowanas unless there is another section that was closed off (i.e. under construction). All new tanks and I over heard that the old tanks will be sold (whenever they are done with the move). The only annoyance is that they've stacked the tanks 4 high where it may be difficult to see if you're vertically challenged.