Need Sa Stock Suggestions For A 120G

Baumgirl

So I've sold my 5 red head Tapajos and need some less common interesting South American cichlids to replace them with. Only remaining fish in the tank is 1 7inch red spot severum and 1 5inch heros sp. curare. Tank is 5ft long, sand substrate and lots of drift wood. Filtered with an fx6 and a fluval 406.

Suggestions? I'm feeling really stumped at this point.

I'd recommend getting some belly crawler dwarf pike cichlids! Great South American predator, very interesting characteristics, hardy little fellows, and all in a compact little body :) I just purchased 2 F and 1 M and already the male has paired with one of the beautiful females! Separating the lone female as she has become aggressive and almost jeleous, and fingers crossed I have a successful breeding pair :) these are what I turned to after my eartheater phase lol

I happened to get them at Gold Aquariums on 17th Ave. I purchased my big female there about 6 weeks ago, and after about 2 weeks with her, I knew I had to get more!! When I went back, there was only a male and female remaining(and oh so lucky I was as they had already formed their partnership) :) my apologies for the delay on photos, as they have proven to be one of the most elusive creatures to photograph! Successfully got a few good shots nonetheless, just the daunting task of transferring from camera to photobucket, to here! Lol thanks for your interest and photos are just around the corner ;)

• 11 months later...

C. regani is a nice dwarf pike that does not destroy tanks although they can chase down cardinals and rummynose! Just speaking from experience. If you want to go to the medium size pikes - Red Pikes or Zebrinas are some of the most colorful!