Goliath Tiger Fish

rlyster

So I was in Big Al's today just browsing their stock for something to do and came across 3 goliath tiger fish around 4 inches long. I've seen a few pictures of these full grown in the wild and was surprised to see them in a chain store lIke that. Let alone any store. The price tag seemed reasonable for how rare they are in the hobby ($260 I believe). Really cool fish but I can't imagine many people want to pay that kind of money for just one fish. Or would have the room to house something that big and aggressive. But I suppose there's always somebody with money to spend that wants something super rare.

They aren't rare and the price is high because it's big als. You can pick them up for around $150 at that size in most stores and lots of people buy them but they don't do good long term in aquariums as they are a very skittish fish and usually commit suicide by crashing the tank.

You must be new to the hobby as $260 is a small price to pay for a fish either it be rare or hard to get freshwater or saltwater. Once you get into the higher end fish like arowana's and stingrays you are paying in excess of $1000 for a single fish. Check out https://www.facebook.com/belowwater/ stock list and you will see very few fish priced under $100.

• 1 month later...

260? Holy crap animal world way out in med hat has them for 239. He's got some sabre tooth payora barracuda for 150 that look cool for predator lovers. My favourite last time I went tho was the Archer fish made me wish I had a pond so I could watch me spit bugs outta the air and feast.