Cleaning Crew

wolfbird_94

I currently have a 2.5 Betta Bow tank, with of course a Betta fish.
I did a water change today, and noticed a lot of floaters, floating around in there. trying to think of a clean up crew for that small of tank. I wish I could upgrade, but the GF wont let me for a bit

what kind of floaters?! poop?

more of a gravel vac I think would be in order if that is poop than adding something else to clean up the mess. gravel vac'ing that tank should take less than 1 min.

Edited by ckmullin

A noticeable amount of floating debris is not good, it breaks down throwing your water parameters out of whack.

Were the "floaties" right at the surface or in the water column?

Surface:

A potted moderate to fast growing stem plant that pokes up through the water line could help break surface tension allowing debris to settle. making it easier to vacuum out.

Also will help keep water chemistry in check so less frequent WC's/vacuuming. I'd recommend an un-potted plant if it was a larger tank but potted will make removal for cleaning easier, just try to avoid the mineral wool stuffed pots.

Water column:

Frequent large water changes, until debris is gone. Then add a plant as above.

Adding a clean up crew in such a small tank would be counter productive. You'd be chasing the dragon when it comes to water quality.

Best of luck

AA

edit > added text

Edited by AccidentalAquarist