4Ft-T8- Led Tube For Fresh And Salt Water

Yes you did read correctly, a 4ft (48') T8 LED Tube specifically designed for use in aquariums. Color spectrums designed for both fresh and salt water.

One of my biggest passions are aquariums and keeping tropical fish. I have been in this hobby for over 25years.

About 3years ago, I was introduced to a T8 Led tube for the fist time, it was for an office application but I immediately thought of an aquarium light since that it the one part of aquariums most people neglect mainly due to cost.

I started getting into the whole LED business and found a manufacturer who was willing to work with me to develop an LED tube. With help and guidance from BiG Al's aquarium in Edmonton we developed some very cool products together.

Next I had to get these tubes CSA approved and after spending a small fortune we finally have a tube that is market ready.

Anyone living in Edmonton, if you visit Big Al's aquarium, ask to see what light they have over their tanks, that is my design!!

We developed two tubes for them, a 10,000K and blue actinic tube around 460nm spectrum.

These work great for saltwater tank with some soft corals. I have 4 of these tubes over my 90gallon reef tank and it has been running with them for 2 years.

The tank looks awesome and the corals have grown to the point where I started selling off corals now.

Big Al's in Ontario (head office) then said that they are interested but that the 10,000k really does not work that great for fresh water.

We tried 8000k and multiple ideas but the problem was always to get a full spectrum because you want to show off all the colors of the fish.

What we came up with was a tube with multiple colors in it.

We went with 2 red LED's, then 4white, then 2 blue then white and then red and so on.

We love these for fresh water and they work great.

These tubes put out approximately 2400 lumens at 27watt of power consumption.

We also wanted to address splashing on electrical especially over salt water with salt buildup.

We developed waterproof end caps to tightly fit over the tubes.

I will post some pictures of these tubes later and also work out some prices for members to see what the interest would be.

Reply to this add if you have any interest

Have a great day

Andre

The reason we went with T8 is because the larger tube allows us to have two rows of LED'S side by side where the T5 only allowed us one row and we wanted the maximum amount of light.

Also, we were never really planning on using T8 Fixtures because we were using the waterproof end caps.

These Tubes do not require a ballast and only need power on one side of the tube making the end caps the best way to install them.

• 1 month later...